Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Mommy and Me Time

Yesterday was a beautiful day despite the clouds and humidity. It was not so hot so I decided to take my workout outside. I took my daughter to the park to run. We went to a park that has lot's of hills. I love hill runs for the glutes. YAY! HIGH and TIGHT glutes..LOL!

So we warmed up with a little 5 minute jog and then we did hill sprints. I let my daughter walk them since she isn't as conditioned as I am. I didn't want to push her so hard her first time. BUT I did push her beyond her comfort zone. She was hating me and said "I am never doing this again". Too funny that is when I made her do 5 more....including walking backwards. After she was done I kept going and ran about 40 hill sprints. She said "Stop showing off". Too funny. I encouraged her and let her know that one day she will be able to do the same.

After the hills she wanted to go to the playground so I did some step ups on a bench. I did 3 sets of 10 on each leg. Man were my legs on fire after those sprints. I had to muscle through the step ups. I also did push ups, sit ups, planks and dips.

It was really nice being able to workout outside and involve my daughter. I find it extremely important to involve your kids in your healthy lifestyle. I not only helps them maintain a healthy weight but also helps their immune system, boosts their confidence, regulates their mood (Pre teen drama:), lowers their risk of disease and helps improve their school performance.

It's important to involve them as much as possible in eating healthy too. I like allowing my daughter to plan her weekly meals. She likes picking out new recipes from our cookbooks and preparing the shopping list. I also let her pick out the ingredients at the store. This not only makes her feel responsible but also gives her knowledge that she will need when she is an adult.

I love how she picks out an item and reads the labels. She knows what to look out for. She also likes to compare prices. Mommy taught her well. :)

So that concludes yesterdays adventures in healthy land..LOL! Thanks for reading.

No comments: